Katy Depot Museum and Visitors Center
The Katy Depot is Temporarily Closed due to Renovation & Construction.
Because the M-K-T built a line south through Indian Territory in 1872, Checotah was born. That first tiny Depot housed a telegraph office and the town's original Post Office and soon, it became a major shipping point for cattle and agricultural produce.
This Katy Depot was ............
- built in 1890
- last used for passenger service in June, 1965
- placed on the Oklahoma landmark inventory in 1980
- and more interesting facts about its Railroad Beginnings can be found in the Museum
Some of the Depot Exhibits are ..............
- M-K-T Railroad
- Paul Henry Carr Monument (1924-1944)
- Scale model of USS CARR (FFG-52) (commissioned guided missile frigate)
Katy Depot Hours of Operation
11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Thursday, Friday & Saturday
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Sunday
The Depot is open from
mid April through mid December