- Home to Carrie Underwood, American Idol winner 2005. Go here for more about Carrie Underwood
- Checotah served as a settlement for Creek Indians during 1830's after they had been sent away from Alabama
- Checotah is also home to several museums and antique shops
- The town of Checotah was a prominent Civil War battle site; Honey Springs
- Checotah is the Steer Wrestling Capital of the World
- Checotah is located at the intersection of 2 major four-lane highways: I 40 and US 69
- Checotah is part of the historical Jefferson Highway.