Welcome to Checotah Chamber of Commerce
The Checotah Chamber of Commerce has been proudly promoting the city of Checotah, OK since 1946. Ours is a place that teems with progress here and there, a fit place for citizens to live in comfort and in peace. Aside from being famous as the world’s capital for steer wrestling, there is more to know and to discover about our progressive town. As you navigate through our site, we think you’ll see why Checotah, OK is a good place for you, your family and your business.
- Home to Carrie Underwood, American Idol winner 2005. Go here for more about Carrie Underwood
- Checotah served as a settlement for Creek Indians during 1830's after they had been sent away from Alabama
- Checotah is also home to several museums and antique shops
- The town of Checotah was a prominent Civil War battle site; Honey Springs
- Checotah is the Steer Wrestling Capital of the World
- Checotah is located at the intersection of 2 major four-lane highways: I 40 and US 69
- Checotah is part of the historical Jefferson Highway.
Paul Henry Carr Memorial Foundation
P. O. Box 2214 Muskogee, OK 74402
Paulette Lorsbach, Secretary (918) 687-8887
Website - Austin-Carr.org
Facebook - Paul Henry Carr Memorial Foundation
Paul Henry Carr Memorial Foundation's primary mission is to update and improve the displays at the Katy Depot Center in Checotah, with special emphasis on the Paul Carr section. Long-term goals are to provide educational scholarships to students in the Checotah School District and hopefully at some time be able to expand the area for those scholarships
McALESTER REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER
1 Clark Bass Blvd McAlester, OK 74501
Kandra Wells email@example.com
McAlester Regional Health Center opened in 1978.McAlester Regional Health Center provides high quality, individualized patient care to McAlester and the surrounding Southeastern Oklahoma region.They are always open!
Facebook McAlester Regional Health Center
Owner/Operator Terry Putney
I-40 exit 259 and HWY 150
Checotah, Oklahoma 74426
New Ownership & Newly Remodeled, the Lakeway Inn takes pride in assuring that your stay will feel like home. Free Wi-Fi, outdoor pool, pet friendly rooms, boat hook ups and much, much more. Whether traveling to the Lake Eufaula area for business or pleasure, the Lakeway Inn is quiet & secluded, yet easily accessible to all the main attractions at the lake and shopping in Checotah.
American owned and operated.