Welcome to Checotah Chamber of Commerce
The Checotah Chamber of Commerce has been proudly promoting the city of Checotah, OK since 1946. Ours is a place that teems with progress here and there, a fit place for citizens to live in comfort and in peace. Aside from being famous as the world’s capital for steer wrestling, there is more to know and to discover about our progressive town. As you navigate through our site, we think you’ll see why Checotah, OK is a good place for you, your family and your business.
- Home to Carrie Underwood, American Idol winner 2005. Go here for more about Carrie Underwood
- Checotah served as a settlement for Creek Indians during 1830's after they had been sent away from Alabama
- Checotah is also home to several museums.
- The town of Checotah was a prominent Civil War battle site; Honey Springs
- Checotah is the Steer Wrestling Capital of the World
- Checotah is located at the intersection of 2 major four-lane highways: I 40 and US 69
- Checotah is part of the historical Jefferson Highway.
Congratulations to these Members who were selected for top honors at our 2014 Annual Membership Banquet held on January 31, 2015.
Silent Hero for the year 2014
Shown here with David Prokup, Checotah Chamber Board President
Booster of the Year for the year 2014
OG&E - Mike Ruby
Shown here with John Garrett presenting the award
Member(s) of the Year for the year 2014
Eldon & Lana Staton - Blondies Salon
Shown here with Lloyd Jernigan presenting the award
2014 Citizen of the Year
Kate Paris from Happy Paws Shelter
Shown here with Marilyn Leader (L) of the McIntosh County Democrat presenting the award