Are you looking to start a business or transfer to a new home in Checotah, OK? You’ve come to the right place. Whatever your purpose is, Checotah, OK has all of the appealing elements of a fast growing community, perfectly balanced with its simplicity, quietness and charm. This page features some of the important facts about our town. Please read on to learn more.
Cost of Living Standards
- Average Housing Costs: $68,165 Median (2013)
- Cost of Living Index: 80.8 (2013)
- Average Household Income: $28,863 (2013)
- Unemployment Rate: 7.6% (June 2014)
- Average Temperature: 61.8F / Summer: 82.7F / Winter: 38.9F
- Average Snowfall: 5 inches / Average Precipitation: 45.51 inches
- City of Checotah – 3,371 (2013)
- McIntosh County – 20,584 (2012)
http://www.city-data.com/city/Checotah-Oklahoma.html is the source of some of the above information
What it’s Like to Live and Work in Checotah, Oklahoma
- Checotah is located at the intersection of 2 major four-lane highways: I 40 and US 69.
- Checotah is located in McIntosh County, with a ZIP code of 74426.
- Area Code: 918
- Sales Tax: 10.5% (State of OK, McIntosh County, and City of Checotah combined)
- Time Zone: Central (GMT 6)
- Checotah is just minutes from Lake Eufaula which is the largest lake in Oklahoma and was once the largest man-made lake in the nation.
- Local Newspaper – McIntosh County Democrat
Distance to Major Cities from Checotah
- Oklahoma City: 120 miles
- Chicago: 721 miles
- Houston: 457 miles
- Los Angeles: 1,500 miles
- Memphis: 340 miles
- Tulsa: 65 miles
- Dallas: 216 miles
- New Orleans: 622 miles
- St. Louis: 433 miles
- Kansas City: 282 miles