Welcome to Checotah Chamber of Commerce
The Checotah Chamber of Commerce has been proudly promoting the city of Checotah, OK since 1946. Ours is a place that teems with progress here and there, a fit place for citizens to live in comfort and in peace. Aside from being famous as the world’s capital for steer wrestling, there is more to know and to discover about our progressive town. As you navigate through our site, we think you’ll see why Checotah, OK is a good place for you, your family and your business.
- Home to Carrie Underwood, American Idol winner 2005. Go here for more about Carrie Underwood
- Checotah served as a settlement for Creek Indians during 1830's after they had been sent away from Alabama
- Checotah is also home to several museums and antique shops
- The town of Checotah was a prominent Civil War battle site; Honey Springs
- Checotah is the Steer Wrestling Capital of the World
- Checotah is located at the intersection of 2 major four-lane highways: I 40 and US 69
- Checotah is part of the historical Jefferson Highway.